Event to Bring Together Industry and Consumers to Focus on the Trend that is Revolutionizing The Food System
NEW YORK, NY, May 28, 2019 – On June 7-8 the plant-based foods industry will gather for the first ever Plant Based World Conference & Expo in New York City at the Javits Center. This trade show and conference will offer something for each part of the community with education, culinary demonstrations, exhibits and networking opportunities for restaurant/foodservice and health professionals as well as for the general public. Plant Based World Conference & Expo is produced by JD Events, with the help of founding partners Plant Based Foods Association, Eat for the Planet, The Plantrician Project, and Follow Your Heart.
“We are looking forward to bringing together the key players in the plant-based movement, including restaurant, foodservice and retail establishments looking to add plant-based options to their menus; health and medical professional seeking information on the benefits of plant-based diets; and consumers looking for information and new culinary options,” said Ben Davis, Content & Communications Director, Plant Based World. “There is still time to register to attend the exhibit hall and three different conference tracks, which include the Eat for the Future Business Forum, the Food Solutions for Human Health Summit and the Community Day Conference Program.” For all of the latest information, visit http://plantbasedworldexpo.com/.
The expo hall will feature over 130 booths with leading vendors, including Gold Sponsors 22 Days Nutrition LLC, Algama, Forks Over Knives, Good Catch, New Crop Capital, No Evil Foods, StrayDog Capital, The Humane Society of the United States, The Jackfruit Company, Unovis Partners, and Veestro, as well as many other vendors who will offer plant-based foods, beverages, products, services and brands. For the complete list of exhibitors, click here.
Plant Based World will offer three separate education opportunities during the two-day event:
- For restaurant, foodservice and retail establishments, the Eat for the Future Business Forum produced in partnership with Eat for the Plant, will feature dozens of subject matter experts. Session topics will include menus for flexitarian consumers, decoding retail growth data, plant-based milks, trends and opportunities in food service, legal rights and responsibilities, case studies in retail and restaurants, reducing global reliance on animals in the food system, next generation of retail brands, exploring venture capital options, the future of seafood, and food tech and nutrition. Click here for registration information.
- The Plantrician Project, the leader in educating the modern healthcare world on the benefits of plant-based nutrition, helped to develop The Food Solutions for Human Health Summit. Continuing Medical Education credits are available for sessions focused on why plant-based nutrition, the future of cardiology, conquering food addiction, effective treatment of type 2 diabetes using plant-based nutrition, protein: animal-based vs plant-based, the common sense solution to the chronic disease epidemic, the China study and cancer findings, current data supporting the prevention and reversal of disease, a Pioneers Panel with top researchers discussing challenging topics. Click here for registration information.
- Community Day is being held on Saturday, June 8th where consumers will discover the latest plant-based foods, attend keynote speeches, attend educational sessions, learn to thrive on a plant-based lifestyle, and meet others who share the same passion. Conference sessions scheduled on Community Day include bringing health and wellness to urban communities, school food, humane food systems, reversing chronic diseases, and plant-based nutrition for athletic performance. Click here for registration information.
There will be several Culinary Demonstrations, including presentations by:
- Rich Landau, Co-Owner, Vedge, who will prepare Pan Seared, Peppercorn Crusted Tofu With Ragu Of Spring Vegetables on Friday, June 7 at 1:00 pm.
- Fran Costigan, known as the Queen of Vegan Desserts, and Director of Vegan Baking & Pastry Rouxbe Cooking School who will be preparing Ganache Glazed Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream and Spring Berries on Friday, June 7 at 4:00 pm.
- On Saturday, June 8th the Culinary Demo Theater will offer exciting plant-based demonstrations featuring Apple Arugula Mozza Flatbread, Croissants with Plant-Based Butter, Summer Panzanella and Simple Roasted Potatoes with Lemon~Dijon Drizzle, Seafood Without Sacrifice, Vegan Tacos Made With Citrus Sparerib and Vegan Tuna Salad Bruschetta.
Attendees will also be able to hear three keynote presentations, including:
- The event will kick off on Friday, June 7 at 9:00 am with the opening day keynote discussion The Growth of the Plant-Based Foods Industry. The session will be moderated by Nil Zacharias, Founder, Eat For The Planet and panelists will include Ann Beaty, Director, Kroger Merchandising Consulting at 84.51° and Edward Brown, President, Restaurant Associates, and Michele Simon, Executive Director, Plant Based Foods Association.
- Seth Goldman, Co-Founder & TeaEO Emeritus of Honest Tea and Executive Chair of Beyond Meat will present Turning a Mission Driven Business into a Mainstream Revolution during his keynote talk to kick off all Saturday, June 8 at 9:00 am. This session is being presented by Eat for the Planet.
- NFL Linebacker Derrick Morgan and his wife Charity participate in the plant- based diet and want to inform others that there is no need to eat meat. They will share their story of breaking down barriers by bringing plant-based eating into the NFL during their presentation on Plant-Based Playmakers on Saturday, June 8 at 6:15 pm during Community Day.
For information on exhibiting contact Michelle Bonina, Sales & Business Development Director at 203-416-1924 or Michelle@theplantbasedworld.com. For information about Plant Based World Conference & Expo, visit http://www.plantbasedworldexpo.com/.
Plant Based World is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities -- all geared toward increasing collaboration in the markets it serves. Visit www.jdevents.com for more information.